We take your privacy extremely seriously at all times and urge you to read this policy very carefully as it contains important information about us and the personal information we collect about you, what we do with your information and who we share it with.
Information we collect
1) Personal Information you provide us
We collect the following personal information that you may provide to us: Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers, Card details (encrypted)
The information may be collected in a number of ways, for example:-
• Sending enquiry’s through our contact sheet on the website, contacting us by telephone, or email
• Registering for an account either verbally, by email or via website
• Placing orders on our website, by email, or by telephone
• Processing payments
• Leaving reviews, or comments on our website
2) Personal Information you provide about third parties
If you are giving Information about another person, you must confirm the other person has given you permission for the processing of their personal data.
For more information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
• To process any orders that you make by using our websites, by email or telephone. If we don’t collect your personal data, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
With your consent, we would like to keep you informed about relevant products and services, including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
We will ask if you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. signing up to the website , ordering by email or on the telephone) If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time.
Who we may share your information with
Your privacy is important to us, we will never sell your data, and we will only share your data with our partners to fulfil your orders or to provide a better service to you. For example, your details will be passed to our courier in order to deliver your products.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
IntellitecMV Ltd is committed to high standards of information security, privacy and transparency and for many years, our robust ISO-based Information Management System (IMS) has managed data in accordance with the highest recognised standards including Cyber Essentials (APMG International accredited Certificate Number: 6180906)
We use dedicated and secure servers to store any personal data. Our website and IT platforms fully complies with GDPR. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card is secured and tokenized to ensure it is protected.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely.
Some examples of customer data retention periods include:
Orders: - When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. In the case of electrical products we will keep your data for 10 years.
Warranties; - If your order included a warranty, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the warranty period.
What rights do you have?
• Access to the personal data we hold about you.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• That we stop contacting you for marketing
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, and don’t want us to contact you in the future, simply call, email or write to us, and we will ensure you are removed from our contact databases.
Please address any data protection queries to our data protection officer details below.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Ruth Mansfield, IntellitecMV Ltd, Unit 9, Woodway Court, Thursby Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PR
Tel / +44 (0) 151 482 8970
Fax / +44 (0) 151 482 8977
Email / email@example.com